Grow your career at Binary Tree! We are a fast-growing, award-winning company providing software and solutions to the rapidly expanding cloud and digital transformation markets. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching incentives and much more. Join our world-class team and grow your digital career.
About Binary Tree
At Binary Tree, we power enterprise transformations. Our award-winning software and services help Enterprise businesses modernize their Microsoft email, directories and applications by moving and integrating them into the cloud. Binary Tree mitigates the risk of delays, downtime, and budget overruns for complex transformation projects for large organizations. We understand Enterprise migration requirements that go well beyond the needs of small companies. Since 1993, we’ve transformed more than 7,000 global clients and 35 million users, including 5 million to Office 365. Our business first approach helps plan, move and manage the transformation process from end-to-end. So, clients stay focused on their core business while our experts deliver a low-risk, successful IT transformation.
Binary Tree is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor for Offices 365. Our headquarters are located outside of New York City with global offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden and Hong Kong. For more, visit us at www.binarytree.com.
Senior Software QA Engineers are responsible for all facets of the manual QA process across multiple software solutions with the end goal of releasing high quality software. Senior QA Engineers develop and execute test cases (in a manner that lend themselves to subsequent automation), carry out the actual product testing, as well as diagnose and document problems that are discovered and document the completion of testing projects.
We expect that you are well versed in interpreting functional requirements, as well as discerning requirements that are not formally documented. Experience working with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and/or SCRUM and able to utilize the tools typically used to aid the QA process is also required.
This QA position will be focused on all areas of testing for all MCS Products including Cloud and On-Prem Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop test plans and test cases, including analysis of complex use cases.
- Experience in testing Features, Regression, Smoke Tests, UI/UX, Security and Load/Scalability Testing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Defect Management
- Define a strategy for testing new features and functionality and be responsible for quantifying and improving data quality across multiple elements of our application.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze use-cases to create comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Investigate and document discovered problems.
- Interpret functional requirements and functional specifications.
- Perform impact analysis of software changes
- Document process or procedures within QA department.
- Ability to manage a test lab environment and install and configure Exchange features and functions independently
- Interact with other departments (e.g., development, support, product management, etc.).
- Must be able to work remotely in a productive manner independently with little-to-no management oversight
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Software Quality Assurance in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and the role and responsibilities of QA team within.
- Ability to establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Strong analytical skill with the ability to analyze requirements, understand technical documents and implementation as well as ability to identify gaps and risks.
- Ability to analyze the impact and identify integration points for in an enterprise software development environment.
- Good understanding of web technology and client-server architecture and ability to troubleshoot server issues and identify problems.
- Ability to develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Capable to develop SQL database scripts (both simple and complex) to perform verification of SQL objects or non-relational quires and various data migrations.
- Understanding and ability to test APIs using testing tools such as JMeter, SoapUI or Postman.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with QA automation and/or scripting/programming skills a plus (i.e. Powershell, Selenium)
- Experience with email upgrades or migrations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability or interest working in in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Required: Minimum of 5 years of advanced experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory (AD) configuration, O365, Azure and administration, including:
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange 2003-2016, including Outlook client configuration.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Exchange (Admin, Upgrades, Hybrid, Migrations)
- Advanced knowledge of Exchange mail routing, Auto-discover concepts and Availability Services
- Advanced knowledge of AD schema and objects
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell
- Advanced knowledge of Azure
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with DNS, Networking and security
Candidates without experience in Exchange Admin/Active Directory and SQL will not be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s MCS QA Team and will report to the Director of QA.
Preferred location is Tri-State Area with the ability to work from home.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.