Grow your career at Binary Tree! We are a fast-growing, award-winning company providing software and solutions to the rapidly expanding cloud and digital transformation markets. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching incentives and much more. Join our world-class team and grow your digital career.
About Binary Tree
At Binary Tree, we power enterprise transformations. Our award-winning software and services help Enterprise businesses modernize their Microsoft email, directories and applications by moving and integrating them to the cloud. Binary Tree mitigates the risk of delays, downtime, and budget overruns for complex transformation projects for large organizations. We understand Enterprise migration requirements that go well beyond the needs of small companies. Since 1993, we’ve transformed more than 10,000 global clients and 52 million users, including 12 million to Office 365. Our business first approach helps plan, move and manage the transformation process from end-to-end. So, clients stay focused on their core business while our experts deliver a low-risk, successful IT transformation. Binary Tree is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor for Offices 365. Our headquarters are located outside of New York City with global offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden and Hong Kong. For more, visit us at www.binarytree.com.
Technical Product Engineers are responsible for handling customer calls and emails, “interviewing” customers to gather pertinent information, initial triage, root cause analysis, as well as responding to service requests. They are expected to understand Binary Tree’s products as well as the customer’s messaging environment, answer customer questions, diagnose environmental issues, and escalate defects to the appropriate team members to ensure a quality customer experience. They are expected to work effectively with little-to-no management oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Binary Tree (BT) products.
- Interview end users to collect information about potential defects, as well as lead the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of an issue.
- Recommend or perform actions to resolve customer issues.
- Reproduce customer errors in lab environment, document defects and Known Limitations (using Binary Tree’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system) and communicate same to Development or QA team.
- Refer customers to appropriate information sources for experienced problems, including knowledgebase articles or product documentation.
- Monitor the customer support queue, respond to customer inquiries, keep customers informed of their issue status, and ensure Binary Tree meets its Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide advanced training and support.
- Provide license keys and software instructions to customers, when appropriate.
- Expected to take the initiative regarding self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participate in QA and test customer specific releases (CSRs) when needed.
- Participate in on call schedule.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience, in a product support, or an analogous, phone-in environment such as customer service or help desk.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience, in a customer service role.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ extensive knowledge and recent experience with Exchange and Active Directory.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting experience/abilities.
- Experience in a software company that implemented and sold software products in a competitive marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of web-based technologies and applications and Windows.
- Proactive self-starter, “Go Getter” attitude. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong communication skills, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work from a dedicated home office/work space with minimal supervision.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Exchange, O365 and Active Directory (AD) configuration and administration, including: Deployment and troubleshooting of Microsoft 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013, 2016, Office 365 including Outlook client configuration.
- Experience with Exchange upgrades. Understanding of 2013 & 2016 a plus.
- Knowledge of Exchange mail routing, Auto-discover concepts and Availability Services.
- Knowledge of AD schema and objects.
- Familiarity with PowerShell… the more the better.
- Familiarity with DNS, Networking and security.
- Experience with O365 implementations, configurations, management and administration.
- Understanding knowledge of mail topology, routing, and architecture.
- Advanced SQL Experience.
- Understanding knowledge of Domino and Lotus Notes client
Preferred but not required
- Microsoft Exchange/Active Directory certifications is a plus
- Office 365 Certifications
- Domino Administration and certifications is a plus
- Experience with email upgrades, on-premise migration, or Office 365 migrations is a plus
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s reporting to Manager, Technical Product Engineer
Preferred location is APJ with the ability to work from home.
To apply for this position, click here to send us your resume.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.