Grow your career at Binary Tree! We are a fast-growing, award-winning company providing software and solutions to the rapidly expanding cloud and digital transformation markets. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching incentives and much more. Join our world-class team and grow your digital career.
About Binary Tree
Binary Tree provides software and SaaS solutions designed to enable enterprises everywhere to transform and manage change with the Microsoft cloud. Through its business-first approach, Binary Tree has helped over 50% of the Fortune 500 and 10,000 global organizations to plan, modernize, and manage transformations that involve Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, business applications and merging organizations. The company is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor, with headquarters outside New York City and global offices in France, Germany, Singapore, Sweden and the U.K. For more information, visit www.binarytree.com.
Reporting to the Company Corporate Controller, we are looking for a result oriented, experienced Revenue Controller to manage revenue recognition, accounts receivable/collections, commission tracking, and contracts management. The Revenue Controller will be proficient in fully utilizing Binary Tree’s financial systems and applications, providing efficiencies in reporting processes, and establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. In addition, the Revenue Controller will ensure the integrity of accounting information. They will be proficient in researching account issues for compliance with company policies and with GAAP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Revenue Control Head to perform day-to-day and month-end revenue duties, with daily engagements with multiple global teams. A great opportunity for senior management exposure and to gain knowledge on the new revenue recognition accounting standard, Contract with Customers (Topic 606). The candidate will be one of the key individuals to implement the new process across the company.
- A successful candidate will be able to independently perform routine accounting functions and general ledger activities, requiring a working knowledge of GAAP. A strong candidate will have excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced environment to support our growing global business.
- Assist with the New Revenue Accounting Standard implementation; understanding and analyzing subscription base model for Software as Service with multi-deliverable to ensure proper revenue recognition according to the new standard.
- Take ownership of month-end revenue process. Run monthly global deferred revenue amortization and prepare revenue-related journal entries; unbilled & pending accruals. • Work closely with the Corporate Controller and CFO for the monthly consolidated revenue analytics and forecast.
- Maintain monthly account reconciliations. • Accountable for the day-to-day process review for proper revenue recognition; ensuring invoices and contracts are correctly setup by closely working with Sales, Billing and Sales Operation Teams.
- Assist with integration activities of acquired companies.
- Assist with the annual audit; Consolidated and local international entities.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Manage Credit and Collections staff
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of Revenue experience, in a small or mid-size technology firm.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment with reporting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Works and communicates effectively across departments.
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s Finance Department and will report to the Corporate Controller.
This position is located in Kendall Park, New Jersey with the ability to work from home.
To apply for this position, send us your resume by clicking here.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.