Title of Position: Program Manager, Product Management
Date (last updated): June 2016
The Program Manager is a deeply technical subject matter expert. He or She is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the assigned product(s) lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Program Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals and reports into the Manager of Product Management.
This position is based in the United States with the ability to work remotely. Travel is required 25% for events and corporate meetings.
Product Management Technical duties:
- Authority of assigned products
- Pre Sales Assistance
- External Training
- Creation of requirements documents for product features, enhancements, and assist in creating the justification documents.
- Subject Matter Expert in the assigned products
- Subject Matter Expert in Microsoft Technologies related to the assigned products
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Act as a leader within the company for assigned products
- Attend daily stand up meetings for assigned products
- Required experience and knowledge
- Moderate the assigned Product Forums
- Monitor the "Suggest an Idea" forum, comment, update status of where items are in the queue
- Work with the Product Release Manager to prioritize the items from the Product Queue to the Work queue for Development.
- Work with Technical writer to develop product documentation
- Work with product enablement content creation team to ensure the appropriate content is being created.
- Provide technical support in order to develop new products with external and internal customers
- Demonstrate our solution’s unique capabilities to all Binary Tree customers
Product Management Technical Marketing duties:
- Design product messaging, training, and positioning for the Technical, and Sales teams.
- Be a primary technical evangelist for the company; write blog posts, technical documents, white papers and review product collateral, case studies and other materials; speak at conferences and meet-ups; create product demos.
- Be an expert with the competitive market
- Analyze the current / future trends in the market to help determine product direction
- Attend shows
- Analyze and interpret market trends concerning technical products or services
- Contribute to technical competitive analysis documents for customers and the sales organization by working closely with the marketing teams to synthesize technical information into easy to understand customer facing content
- Obtain market intelligence – be the expert on our customers, how and why they buy our product line while also being the expert on the competition and how to outmaneuver them
- Evaluate the consumer's needs and expectations and participate in new product design
- Canditates with the Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) certification in Exchange Server, Messaging or Active Directory will be considered before other candidates.
- Please Note: If you are not familiar with the MCM or MCSM certification, please be aware that the MCSE/MCSA/MCITP certifications are not equalivent and have limited if any influence on hiring decisions.
- Exchange and Active Directory knowledge, and at least 10 years’ experience
- Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft cloud architectures and technologies, including Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Experience complimenting Product Managers, Product Owners or Product Release Manager’s
- Passionate about evangelizing assigned solutions, and the supporting technologies for example Microsoft.
- Experience working on products with greater than 10,000 users
- Experience authoring Technical User Stories / Use Cases, or requirements documents
- Experience working effectively with cross functional teams
How to Apply:
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org