Title of Position: Product Manager, Product Management
Date (last updated): August 2016
The Product Manager takes responsibility for the release to Market, and for the development and ongoing enhancement of one or more of our product suites. In this position, the Product Manager will develop, own and maintain a master plan of the product suites. Where, they will coordinate, schedule items which have been identified, defined, analyzed, and prioritized by the Program Manager, and ensures that the business needs have been defined and agreed upon. These requirements are then communicated to the product teams for execution. You will need to prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and accept user stories throughout the software development lifecycle. The Product Manager will work directly with all department across the business, for example Marketing, Sales, Services, Sales Engineering, and Support with the Program Manager, Subject Matter Experts, as well as with the development teams to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software which is then released to Market.
This role is the bridge between Program Manager, Development Team, Internal and External customers, ensuring that the business requirements, and process are in place and being followed.
- Working with all departments from the company to ensure successful releases of our products.
- Building master project plans to be followed for cross functional teams.
- Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with other Product Managers, and the assigned product Program Manager to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
- Work with development teams to continuously improve product ownership and other processes.
- Collaborate with the Development Manger to run successful Release Planning and Iteration Planning sessions.
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our systems as we scale and continue to develop.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate priorities based on well-defined and measured business cases.
- Establish goals and metrics to measure effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress.
- Ensure that technical focused user stories are created following team process for requirements, and collaborate with development, and SME’s to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with Program Manager, and internal stakeholders.
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong Multi-tasking skills and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Works and communicates effectively across departments.
- Proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office 365 from an end user perspective – Using Skype, OneDrive, OneNote
- Knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum) methodology and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs
Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems
- Project Management training, or experience
- Coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about advocating the needs of Process, and Planning
- Experience working on products with greater than 10,000 users
- Experience authoring Technical User Stories / Use Cases
- Experience complimenting Program Managers or teams of Product Managers
This role reports to the Manager or Product Management
How to Apply:
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org