About Binary Tree
Binary Tree provides software and SaaS solutions designed to enable enterprises everywhere to transform and manage change with the Microsoft cloud. Through its business-first approach, Binary Tree has helped over 50% of the Fortune 500 and 9,000 global organizations to plan, modernize, and manage transformations that involve Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, business applications and merging organizations. The company is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor, with headquarters outside New York City and global offices in France, Germany, Singapore, Sweden and the U.K. For more information, visit www.binarytree.com.
The Product Manager listens to the market, collects, analyzes and validates ideas for future releases, or products. The Product Manager is responsible for their assigned products “Product Life Cycle”. The Product Manager manages releases to Market and manages the continuous process of development and ongoing enhancements to their assigned product suites. In this position, the Product Manager will develop, own and maintain a master plan of the product suites. Where, they will coordinate, schedule items, which have been identified, defined, analyzed, and prioritized, and ensures that the business needs have been defined and agreed. The Product Manager will need to prioritize trade-offs, clarify requirements, and accept user stories throughout the software development life-cycle. The Product Manager will work directly with all departments across the business, for example Marketing, Sales, Services, Sales Engineering, and Support with the Product Architect, Subject Matter Experts, as well as with the development teams to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software that is then released to Market.
This role has high visibility within the company as a leader with providing the company guidance based on facts of what products and features we should be creating by listening to the market for the business problems that need to be resolved. The team ensures that business requirements, and process are in place and being followed.
We are looking for a talented individual who is looking to use their organization skills, attention to detail and technical savvy to take ownership of key solutions within their assigned product line. The person will work closely with management, and the product team to deliver an exciting product portfolio to the business and our customers.
- Follow the Pragmatic Marketing Framework by taking a pragmatic approach in your daily activities
- Working with all departments from the company to ensure successful releases of our products
- Collect product, and feature ideas and store then in a prioritized system for review
- Attend trade shows to gather insight and gather feedback
- Complete opportunity reviews and customer interviews
- Building master project plans to be followed for cross-functional teams
- Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with other Product Managers, and the assigned Product Architect to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals
- Work with product teams to continuously improve product ownership and other processes
- Collaborate with the Development and QA leadership to run successful Release Planning and Iteration Planning sessions
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our systems as we scale and continue to develop
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria
- Communicate priorities based on well-defined and measured business cases
- Establish goals and metrics to measure effectiveness after release; monitor and report on progress
- Ensure that technical focused user stories are created following team process for requirements, and collaborate with development, and SME’s to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with Product Architect, and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate Quarterly Road Map Review meetings
- Responsible for the product road maps, which includes updating, and providing current, and future road maps for assigned products.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Works and communicates effectively across departments.
- Proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Microsoft Office 365 from an end user perspective – Using Skype, Teams, OneDrive, OneNote, and Yammer
- Knowledge of agile development practices methodology and tools.
- Experience with writing user stories and grooming product backlogs
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems
- Knowledge of Pragmatic Marketing
- Project Management training, or experience
- Coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about advocating the needs of Process, and Planning
- Experience working on products with greater than 10,000 users
- Experience authoring Technical User Stories / Use Cases
- Experience complimenting Product Architects or teams of Product Managers
- Knowledge of mail topology, routing, and architecture a plus
- Some background and to be tech savvy regarding Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, Active Directory, 0365, and Azure a plus
- Must be able to work from a dedicated home office/work space with minimal supervision
This role reports to the Director of Product Management.
Preferred location is the United States around or within Madison Wisconsin with the ability to work remotely. Travel is required 25% for events and corporate meetings.
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.