About Binary Tree
At Binary Tree, we power enterprise transformations. Our award-winning software and services help Enterprise businesses modernize their Microsoft email, directories and applications by moving and integrating them to the cloud. Binary Tree mitigates the risk of delays, downtime, and budget overruns for complex transformation projects for large organizations. We understand Enterprise migration requirements that go well beyond the needs of small companies. Since 1993, we’ve transformed more than 7,000 global clients and 35 million users, including 5 million to Office 365. Our business first approach helps plan, move and manage the transformation process from end-to-end. So, clients stay focused on their core business while our experts deliver a low-risk, successful IT transformation.
Binary Tree is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor for Office 365. Our headquarters are located outside of New York City with global offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden and Hong Kong. For more, visit us at www.binarytree.com.
FastTrack for Microsoft 365 is a Microsoft sponsored program designed to empower qualifying organizations in their migration to Microsoft 365 workloads. Office 365 Engineers at Binary Tree are responsible for delivering the FastTrack program benefit to the Binary Tree Portfolio of customers in an engineering capacity. This program delivers technical guidance and best practices that enable a healthy and successful migration to Office 365 workloads. Delivery of this program encompasses a variety of methods and practices to accomplish the program objectives. These methods span from phone and email communication, shoulder surfing through remote sharing sessions and including but not limited to escalation with workload experts or product teams at Microsoft.
The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for migrating customers into the Exchange Online workload, as well as the full suite of Office 365 workloads. The engineer should be well versed in Microsoft 365, ITIL methodology and the industry best practices that ensure customers maximize their ROI with Microsoft 365.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Office 365 customers throughout their technical implementation
- Execute, manage and lead a set of FastTrack customers thru the Onboarding technical and support process.
- Support and Guide Customer project team members toward resolution of deployment issues.
- Analyze, develop and communicate key Onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for FastTrack Onboarding and entire deployment cycle.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the service, and all required tools and products associated within the subscription offerings of Microsoft 365.
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours and days.
- Plan and guide customers to properly onboard Office 365 services and run through pilot.
- Provide technical guidance related to core cloud services associated with Microsoft 365 such as AADC, ADFS, Exchange 20x1x Hybrid and others.
- Be recognized as the customer advocate for the lifetime of the customer in the Binary Tree Portfolio.
- Interact daily with other technical resources within Binary Tree and the FastTrack program to provide and share technical issue resolution knowledge and deployment/adoption processes best practices.
- Consistently update necessary tools and systems with required state updates and details to ensure key metric visibility and tracking.
- Develop, foster and maintain highly effective customer relationships.
- Evangelize for the FastTrack program both inside and outside of the the Binary Tree portfolio by contributing in a positive manner to solution forums, social media and associated technical communities.
- Interview customers to collect information about their current technologies and user environments to identify potential Office 365 workload adoption opportunities.
- Expected to take the initiative regarding self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leverage pre-set technical guidance and presentation materials to articulate the value proposition and process of technical onboarding to internal teams and external audiences, including prospects and clients.
- This position is expected to work effectively with minimal management oversight.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or a related technology field experience, or 2-4 years of experience customer support.
- 2+ years of implementation or migration experience in Exchange and Active Directory environments.
- 2+ years of experience in Office 365 (Exchange Online), associated workloads and/or the EMS Suite.
- Thorough understanding of the interconnections between Microsoft 365 workloads and their impact on the user experience.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, Azure AD / Azure AD Connect, ADFS, and Microsoft cloud identity management technologies.
- Strong understanding of DNS (TXT, A, MX, CNAME, SRV).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft on-premise communications and collaboration systems and their migration path to the cloud (Office 365).
- Office 365 MCP / MCSA preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell and other related scripting languages.
- You will be the primary technical point of contact for customers to lead them through the process of technical envisioning, planning and delivering integration and infrastructure components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Possess the knowledge and personal conviction to articulate why the cloud and Office 365, in particular, is a transformational industry change.
- Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across customers, senior executives and across organizational boundaries.
- Strong relationship building skills to create, reinforce, motivate and guide customers.
- Applicants must be comfortable managing ambiguity while striving for clarity; with a passion to proactively drive transformational business changes.
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s Services Team and will report up to the Services Manager.
Preferred location is Newark, DE with the ability to work from home when deemed necessary. Remote locations may be considered. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.