Grow your career at Binary Tree! We are a fast-growing, award-winning company providing software and solutions to the rapidly expanding cloud and digital transformation markets. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching incentives and much more. Join our world-class team and grow your digital career.
About Binary Tree
Binary Tree provides software and SaaS solutions designed to enable enterprises everywhere to transform and manage change with the Microsoft cloud. Through its business-first approach, Binary Tree has helped over 50% of the Fortune 500 and 10,000 global organizations to plan, modernize, and manage transformations that involve Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, business applications and merging organizations. The company is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor, with headquarters outside New York City and global offices in France, Germany, Singapore, Sweden and the U.K. For more information, visit www.binarytree.com.
The Sales Director leads all the business develop team efforts across a collection of territories in a geography. It is a highly visible role with responsibility for representing Binary Tree to senior (CXO and VP) leadership at existing clients, prospects, partners, and industry conferences. The individual will be responsible for developing, leading and managing commercial activities of the business while implementing an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy. The emphasis will be ensuring that Binary Tree has profitable revenue growth and that client success is achieved. This position will be responsible for managing an Account Executive and insides sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and accomplishing an Area revenue and budget plan. Accurately forecasting monthly and quarterly revenue performance targets while achieving revenue targets.
- Collaborating with global team members, Marketing and Executive Sales Leadership to achieve revenue growth in assigned Area. Assess, propose and implement new ideas and strategies for growth.
- Overall responsibility for the Business Development function in the Area. Develop, coach, motivate, energize and inspire team members and the partner community.
- Responsible for setting the business development strategy and driving alignment of the strategy and execution with cross functional teams.
- Own the effective implementation of the sales process from lead generation to closed business. Collaborating across the global Binary Tree organization and department leadership to ensure client success with the effective transition from Sales to Services to Support.
- Ensure the team are coached and mentored to be able to communicate complex technical messages appropriately.
- Actively remove any barriers to create an environment that promotes and encourages team work and client success across the business.
- When securing new accounts, coach and sometimes lead complex contract negotiations.
- Represent Binary Tree on digital and social ecosystems, trade shows, and exhibitions including speaking engagements at industry conferences.
- Develop executive level presentations that succinctly and persuasively communicate our performance and strategy to employees, the leadership team and executives.
- Work in collaboration with Finance on collection opportunities both tactical and strategic to ensure invoices close on-time, reducing DSO and improving overall Binary Tree cash flow.
Leadership and Innovation
- Lead by example and develop a culture that embraces our values.
- Create a collaborative environment with all departments within both MSC and peers in DTS to establish a sense of teamwork directed both internally and externally.
- Ensure that together the team is focused on achieving results using all resources available from prospecting through to delivery and feels comfortable to challenge and be challenged.
- Build a high-performance culture and working environment within business development and across the organization that attracts and retains the very best talent from both inside and outside the Company.
- Ensure the team thrives on change and inspires colleagues to embrace, innovate and engage in new ways of working.
- Work with the leadership team to manage the Performance and Development Review process appropriately ensuring consistency, fairness and a diligent approach.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional enterprise IT and Digital Transformation product and services sales skills and sales mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of and coaching capability of The Challenger Sale, SPIN, Helping Clients Succeed, and/or Sandler sales skills for complex sales and selling solutions.
- Extensive experience engaging with senior executives (CXO and VP) within large enterprise customers is required.
- Existing leadership relationships with Microsoft EPG and SMS&P contacts as well as the Microsoft and IBM partner ecosystem.
- Knowledgeable of enterprise technologies, the Microsoft technology stack, Office 365 and IBM Notes and Domino platforms.
- Knowledgeable of digital information technology topics in various industries including healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, communications, resources, retail, and engineering.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams/Skype for Business presentation skills.
- Advanced with CRM software process and systems such as SalesForce.com, CLARI and Discover Org.
- BS or BA in Information Technology or Business-related field. MS or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years relevant sales and or sales leadership experience in corporate sales of software, services, in the Enterprise market segment or equivalent.
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s Sales Team and will report to the Vice President of Global Sales.
Preferred location is an urban environment in North America with access to a major airport and the ability to work from remotely from home.
To apply for this position, please click here to access our posting on LinkedIn.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.