About Binary Tree
Binary Tree provides software and SaaS solutions designed to enable enterprises everywhere to transform and manage change with the Microsoft cloud. Through its business-first approach, Binary Tree has helped over 50% of the Fortune 500 and 9,000 global organizations to plan, modernize, and manage transformations that involve Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, business applications and merging organizations. The company is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor, with headquarters outside New York City and global offices in France, Germany, Singapore, Sweden and the U.K. For more information, visit www.binarytree.com.
The DevOps Engineer position has responsibility for the provision, support and deployment of all DevOps technical solutions and services. This role focuses on process automation, delivering Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and processes, to enable and support the development, deployment and production operations of SaaS/PaaS platforms and related services in all phases of the SDLC. This role has relatively high visibility within the company as a technical leader, providing a cross-disciplinary set of skill sets dedicated to effectively operating and supporting dynamic and scalable cloud based enterprise SaaS/PaaS solutions. This role delivers in-depth technical guidance based on DevOps best practices and industry standards, gathers feedback collected from internal and external stakeholders, and stays current on all related DevOps industry best practices and market leading solutions. The position ensures that all DevOps solutions are enforced consistently across the entire organization.
We are looking for a talented individual who is looking to use their organization skills, detail orientation and technical savvy to take ownership of assigned DevOps roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for resolving reported issues, with appropriate urgency, while following and building Binary Tree best practices. They should be comfortable working with modern incident management and ITSM web-based applications. They will be a consensus builder, innovator, technology and thought contributor, delivering on the promise of turnkey enterprise DevOps solutions that maximize platform uptime, revenue and profit generation in conjunction with both internal and external client satisfaction.
This position requires interaction and close coordination with a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders across a diverse set of teams within the organization, including but not limited to Service Delivery, Cloud Operations, Product Architecture, Product Management, Product Development, Product QA and Product Support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of Binary Tree (BT) SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Develop and refine documentation and processes related to the ongoing technical operation of BT SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Document issues and defects with tools and/or processes related to hosting BT SaaS/PaaS platforms using BT’s ITSM and/or CRM systems where appropriate.
- Expected to take the initiative regarding self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- This position is expected to work effectively with minimal management oversight.
- This position may need to work off-hours in response to production issues or high impact system changes.
- Work and collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Create and document best practices and standardized processes.
- Support the Development and Cloud Operations teams throughout the SDLC with a focus on DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery best practices, toolsets and automation processes.
- Design, build and deploy DevOps tools and automated processes for Azure SaaS/PaaS environments.
- Provide technical expertise for the infrastructure behind BT SaaS/PaaS platforms hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Interview and collect information from stakeholders of the BT SaaS/PaaS platforms to identify where DevOps can add value and/or make improvements.
- Plan, coordinate and execute tasks related to the deployment of approved releases to BT SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Attend DevOps oriented technical conferences to gather insight and feedback.
- Stay current on DevOps trends and best practices.
- Serve in a technical advisory role for the DevOps components of all new and emerging SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Coordinate the standup and maintenance of KPI’s related to product releases and the underlying infrastructure.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; an equivalent combination or education and work experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience, in a DevOps role related to a SaaS/PaaS hosted platform in Microsoft Azure with responsibility for DevOps and Windows Infrastructure Operations.
- Strong proven influence management skill sets are mission critical for this position, alongside strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven problem solving and software troubleshooting experience/abilities.
- Proven proficiency with many of the following operational technologies is essential:
- The Microsoft ecosphere including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows server operating systems to include Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory & LDAP directories.
- Managing and administering one or more Office365 tenants with Enterprise level subscriptions and services including common workloads in the Office365 space such as SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Teams with an emphasis on the relationships between workloads.
- Microsoft Azure cloud administration.
- Proficiency with scripting and management technologies related to Microsoft cloud services such as but not limited to PowerShell and Graph.
- MSSQL database technologies to include Azure SQL services.
- Azure Service Fabric, Virtual Machine Scale Sets and underlying technologies.
- General email centric networking technologies including but not limited to:
- TCP/IP (examples: DNS, DHCP, Telnet, NSLookup, etc.), NetBIOS, SSL and SMTP.
- Web browsers, web based technologies and applications.
- Anti-virus platforms and how to identity application behavior impacted by these technologies.
- Proficient in modern Office365 collaboration tools:
- Office Pro Plus
- Coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Environmental Experience related to the following concepts:
- Development and Continuous Integration Tools (i.e. Azure Devops, TFS, VSTS), and Team Management Tools such as TFS and Aha.
- Knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum) methodology and tools. Certification is desirable.
- Build and Test automation with tools like Selenium.
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions related to Services or Migrations targeted to greater than 10,000 users.
- Familiarity with data analytics technologies (i.e. PowerBI) to produce graphical reports for both leading and lagging indicators (KPIs).
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools and concepts.
- Experience complimenting Product Architects, Product Developers and teams of Product Managers
- Passionate about advocating for the needs of tools and process automation
- Ability to speak in an open and honest yet professional manner in team meetings, then accept the decision of the group (or group leader) and lean in with the team to accomplish the agreed upon tasks
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s Customer Success Team and will report up to the DevOps Manager.
Preferred location is Newark, DE with the ability to work from home when deemed necessary. Occasional domestic/international travel may be required for training and/or client / partner interaction. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.