Grow your career at Binary Tree! We are a fast-growing, award-winning company providing software and solutions to the rapidly expanding cloud and digital transformation markets. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching incentives and much more. Join our world-class team and grow your digital career.
About Binary Tree
Binary Tree provides software and SaaS solutions designed to enable enterprises everywhere to transform and manage change with the Microsoft cloud. Through its business-first approach, Binary Tree has helped over 50% of the Fortune 500 and 10,000 global organizations to plan, modernize, and manage transformations that involve Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, business applications and merging organizations. The company is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor, with headquarters outside New York City and global offices in France, Germany, Singapore, Sweden and the U.K. For more information, visit www.binarytree.com.
The DevOps Engineer, Security position has responsibility for the provision, support and deployment of all DevOps technical solutions and services with a designated focus on Security. This role focuses on process automation, delivering Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and processes, to enable and support the development, deployment and production operations of SaaS/PaaS platforms and related services in all phases of the SDLC. This role should leverage experience considering security posture and adapting plans and processes to continuously improve security posture alongside the product or service improvements.
We are looking for a talented individual who is looking to use their security related experience, organization skills, detail orientation and technical savvy to take ownership of assigned DevOps roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for resolving reported issues, with appropriate urgency, while following and building Binary Tree best practices.
This position requires interaction and close coordination with a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders across a diverse set of teams within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of Binary Tree (BT) SaaS/PaaS platforms. Refine documentation and processes related to the ongoing technical operation of BT SaaS/PaaS platforms with a strong focus in assessment and remediation where necessary of security posture. Document issues and defects with tools and/or processes related to hosting BT SaaS/PaaS platforms using BT’s ITSM and/or CRM systems where appropriate.
- Expected to take the initiative regarding self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction. This position is expected to work effectively with minimal management oversight.
- This position may need to work off-hours in response to production issues or high impact system changes.
- Role Specific:
- Support the Development and Cloud Operations teams throughout the SDLC with a focus on, but not limited to Security related DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery best practices, toolsets and automation processes.
- Provide technical and security program expertise for the infrastructure behind BT SaaS/PaaS platforms hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Stay current on SecDevOps trends and best practices.
- Serve in a technical advisory role for the SecDevOps components of all new and emerging SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Coordinate the standup and maintenance of KPI’s related to product releases and the underlying infrastructure including security posture status.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or CyberSecurity related field; an equivalent combination or education and work experience may be considered
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience, in a DevOps role related to a SaaS/PaaS hosted platform in Microsoft Azure with responsibility for SecDevOps and Infrastructure Security Operations
- Strong proven influence management skill sets are mission critical for this position, alongside strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Proven proficiency within the Microsoft ecosphere including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure administration
- Microsoft Windows server operating systems to include Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL technologies and associated management tools
- Managing and administering one or more Office365 tenants with Enterprise level subscriptions and services including common workloads in the Office365 space such as SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Teams with an emphasis on the relationships between workloads
- Proficiency with scripting and management technologies related to Microsoft cloud services such as but not limited to PowerShell and Graph.
- Microsoft Cloud Security Solutions as it relates to secure cloud infrastructure
- Environmental Experience related to the following concepts
- Development and Continuous Integration Tools (i.e. Azure Devops, TFS, VSTS), and Team Management Tools such as TFS and Aha.
- Knowledge of agile development practices (especially Agile/Scrum) methodology and tools. Certification is desirable.
- A working understanding of how Security Practices are engaged during the development process
- Familiarity with data analytics technologies (i.e. PowerBI) to produce graphical reports for both leading and lagging indicators (KPIs).
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s Customer Success Team and will report up to the DevOps Manager.
Preferred location is Newark, DE with the ability to work from home when deemed necessary. Occasional domestic/international travel may be required for training and / or client / partner interaction. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
To apply for this position, click here to send us your resume.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.