Grow your career at Binary Tree! We are a fast-growing, award-winning company providing software and solutions to the rapidly expanding cloud and digital transformation markets. We offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching incentives and much more. Join our world-class team and grow your digital career.
About Binary Tree
At Binary Tree, we power enterprise transformations. Our award-winning software and services help Enterprise businesses modernize their Microsoft email, directories and applications by moving and integrating them to the cloud. Binary Tree mitigates the risk of delays, downtime, and budget overruns for complex transformation projects for large organizations. We understand Enterprise migration requirements that go well beyond the needs of small companies. Since 1993, we’ve transformed more than 7,000 global clients and 35 million users, including 5 million to Office 365. Our business first approach helps plan, move and manage the transformation process from end-to-end. So, clients stay focused on their core business while our experts deliver a low-risk, successful IT transformation.
Binary Tree is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a globally preferred vendor for Office 365. Our headquarters are located outside of New York City with global offices in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden and Hong Kong. For more, visit us at www.binarytree.com.
Customer Support Engineers are responsible for traditional Support activities, including handling all customer contact modalities including but not limited to phone calls, emails, instant messages, etc., and “interviewing” customers to gather pertinent information, initial triage, as well as responding to incidents and service requests. They are expected to understand Binary Tree’s products, answer customer questions, and escalate product defects to the appropriate team members to ensure a quality customer experience. They are expected to work effectively with modest management oversight.
This position will help support a 24x7x365 coverage model.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for resolving reported customer issues, with appropriate urgency, while following and building Binary Tree best practices. They should be well versed working within operating environments for modern incident management and ITSM web-based applications including but not limited to Salesforce, HappyFox, Zendesk, and ServiceNow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an intimate working knowledge of Binary Tree (BT) products.
- Interview end users to collect information about potential product defects.
- Refer customers to appropriate information sources for problem resolutions, including FAQs, knowledgebase articles, product documentation, discussion forums, etc.
- Provide license keys and download instructions to customers, when appropriate.
- Monitor the customer support ticket queues, respond promptly to customer inquiries, and ensure BT meets its two-hour Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Document support issues using the BT’s ITSM and/or CRM systems.
- Expected to take the initiative regarding self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- This position is expected to work effectively with minimal management oversight.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience, in a product support, or an analogous, phone-in environment such as customer service or help desk.
- Demonstrated problem solving and software troubleshooting experience/abilities.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following technologies is essential. Preference given to candidates that have working experience with multiple listed technologies:
- The Microsoft ecosphere including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory & LDAP directories
- Microsoft 365 & Office 365 platform (SaaS) administration
- Microsoft Azure cloud administration
- Microsoft Exchange servers & Outlook email clients
- General email centric networking technologies including but not limited to:
- TCP/IP (examples: DNS, DHCP, Telnet, NSLookup, etc.)
- Web browsers, web based technologies and applications.
- Anti-virus platforms and how to identity application behavior impacted by these technologies
- The Microsoft ecosphere including but not limited to:
- Candidates that possess current Microsoft technology certification(s) (example: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, etc.) is desirable
- Familiarity with IBM Notes/Domino email system clients along with an understanding of the back office IBM Domino servers is desirable
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- A desire to interact with customers and promote Customer Success with Binary Tree products and services.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell and other related scripting languages
The successful candidate will become part of Binary Tree’s Customer Support Team and will report up to the Customer Support Manager.
Required location is Newark, DE with the ability to work from home when deemed necessary. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.
All employment decisions at Binary Tree are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Binary Tree will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.