Maximize the Odds of Success During a Merger and AcquisitionSeptember 24, 2019
Successful mergers and acquisitions (M&As) start with clarity of strategic intent. Without a clear goal or direction, most M&A transactions become opportunistic. With a clear strategy and vision, and with M&A driven by value and alignment (technology and culture), synergy expectations can be exceeded.
Here are five key phases where CIOs must focus their attention and efforts to maximize the odds of success during a merger and acquisition.
- Define strategic intent; validate drivers
- Assess market opportunity
- Portfolio and SWOT analysis
- Build versus buy strategies
- Target Selection
- Establish critical evaluation criteria
- Identify target candidates
- Validate assumptions, including culture
- Due Diligence
- Competitive analysis
- Buyer perspectives
- Synergy, risks, inhibitors
- Organizational and cultural fit
- Cost optimization
- Day 1
- Collaboration Capabilities
- Zero disruption
Binary Tree has supported thousands of enterprise mergers and acquisitions. We’ve worked on the largest and most complex M&A transactions on the planet. Our end-to-end enterprise M&A solutions enable you to plan for a smooth Day 1 and integrate your IT systems after Day 1.
To find out more about what we can do for you, get in touch. We look forward to working with you on your next merger or acquisition.