What’s New from Binary Tree for April 2019April 1, 2019
Every month, we publish our “What’s New” blog series to give a snapshot into the exciting developments in our solution over the last month. You can also sign up to receive product release notifications, here.
This past month's releases focus on enhancements to the usability and performance for Power365® Tenant to Tenant.
The substantial enhancements to Power365 Tenant-to-Tenant come from listening to how we could make Power365 even better by being more user-friendly for end users, administrators and our partner community – all by delivering a better user experience, enhanced security, and more customer control over access rights. It started when we changed the game for migrations, removing the constraints others place on mail and archive migrations, with a truly unlimited experience. There are no arbitrary caps of 50 GB in content, no need to buy more licenses to move archives, and no restrictions on the number of passes. With the latest release of Power365, new features include:
- A simplified navigation experience with a more user-friendly wizard
- Faster onboarding and issue resolution with an improved support model
- Self-service expansion by making remediation easier for administrators
- Better alerts and notifications
- An improved migration engine for a better experience
- Support for multi-factor authentication
- An enhanced project management dashboard
- A minimized access model to be more business-friendly
- Expansion of support in multiple Azure Geos, including the United States, Western Europe and China
- Industry-leading security standards: ISO 27001, Privacy Shield and CA Veracode Team certifications
- GDPR Compliance
Finally, in big news for our partners, we have unlocked the ability for Certified Professional partners to fully deliver Power365 Tenant to Tenant services. Partners can inquire more through the Binary Tree Customer Success Platform, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more details (including the full release notes) in the Power365 Help Center.