Explore How Microsoft Helps with GDPR ComplianceApril 25, 2018
One month now until the GDPR goes into effect on May 25, 2018. We did a quick skim of recent surveys across the EU and US, and the consensus seems to be that many companies around the world, often smaller ones or those in less digital industries, are a bit behind in getting ready by the deadline. (Which is what Gartner predicted when they said that more than 50% of companies will not be in full compliance—even by the end of 2018.)
So, for those of you who are still working through the ins and outs of the GDPR, here’s our plug. Make it a bit easier on yourself by moving to the Microsoft cloud. That way, not only will you get all the goodness that comes with the cloud, you’ll also take a huge leap toward getting in line with the GDPR.
Granted, as we’ve talked about in past posts, technology alone won’t get you to where you need to be. But Microsoft has invested quite a bit in the cloud to help take some of the heavy liftings out of the compliance process. And Microsoft solutions can help you manage and fulfill your GDPR obligations with your customers, no matter if the data is processed and stored in the Microsoft cloud or in your onsite data center.
Specifically, Microsoft cloud services and onsite solutions can help you:
- Find and classify personal data across your systems
- Build a more secure environment
- Simplify how you monitor and manage personal data at every step
- Get tools and resources to meet reporting and assessment requirements
But don’t take our word for it. Microsoft has put together many resources that map out how their solutions help with all facets of the GDPR. A great place to start is Microsoft GDPR solutions. Or you can explore features by product:
- Microsoft Office 365 helps you discover, manage, protect, and report on personal data
- Microsoft Azure helps you safeguard customer data in the cloud, including personal data, with industry-leading security measures and privacy policies
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 gives you robust tools and solutions for tackling each step of your GDPR journey
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security gives you the latest mobility and cloud innovations, which can help protect your business from threats across your data, identities, devices, and apps
Make the leap
To take advantage of the many Microsoft solutions that make it easier to comply with the GDPR, Binary Tree can help you move to the Microsoft cloud. Or get in touch with us to talk more about what you need.