Building a Partner Channel for GrowthApril 7, 2011
As a channel manager at Binary Tree, there's one question I always hear;“what is it that helps build a good partnership?" The obvious answer, ofcourse, is shared customer leads and mutual business opportunities, but I don’t think that's the complete story. In my humble opinion, the customers will vote with their budgets for the most effective partnerships. It's our job to meet a customer’s business needs. If we can bring more “full-featured” solutions to the table through a partnership that leverages the unique value of each organization, then it’s a win-win-win.
When customers come to Binary Tree looking for help to re-platform their messaging system to Exchange, or to migrate their legacy business applications to SharePoint, it is a huge, potentially career altering decision. It usually involves large budgets, some tolerance for risk, and the real willingness to look for business value beyond “if it isn’t broken don’t fix it”. At Binary Tree, we’re successful when we work with our partners to minimize the perceived risk in taking the journey to the Microsoft platform.
Migrating between platforms raises a ton of questions from customers:
- “How complex is this migration, really?"
- "How long is it going to take?"
- "What are the risks in downtime and lost productivity?"
- "What are the right complimentary solutions necessary to ensure a smooth transition?"
When I look at potential partners to identify if they are a good fit, I need them to possess two very important characteristics:
- They must have excellent customer service and a dedication to a seamless migration project. During the migration to a new platform, there can be many disruptions, and the partner that makes this transition as smooth as possible, is key.
- They must have the deep, technical expertise to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
We are expanding our partner channel to help grow the global adoption of our superior migration tools. With professional services delivered by top-notch partners, based on the proven methodologies from Binary Tree, we feel there is a definite win-win-win possible to streamline the migrations for customers around the world. It is vital as the migration specialists that our partner channel shares the same crystal focus and commitment to delivering the best migration experience possible! We welcome those partners that fit this mold to join us in this endeavor.