Download a free trial version of CMT for Exchange!
Migration Data Fidelity
CMT for Exchange migrates Lotus Notes email messages, calendar entries, contacts, to-do’s, journal entries and more to Microsoft Outlook and Exchange while retaining the original text formatting, images, attachments, and links. CMT for Exchange also ensures that even custom recurring meetings are properly migrated so that any subsequent changes, reschedules, or cancellations can be entered once for all instances of the meeting. The data fidelity of CMT for Exchange significantly reduces the risk that your users will experience business process disruptions, or worse – data loss or corruption.
CMT for Exchange’s unique Enterprise Migration Manager (EMM) allows you to manage the entire migration project. CMT for Exchange’s EMM enables you to schedule users for migration, automatically or manually provision the users in Exchange, monitor the status of their migration, and to configure pre- and post-processing actions like decrypting encrypted email items, collecting rules and access control lists, and more. EMM also enables you to control which data, and how much data, is migrated by enabling you to filter by data type and to set quotas on the amount of data migrated per mailbox. Acting as a centralized migration management system, CMT for Exchange’s EMM reduces the risk of forgotten tasks and provides an ‘audit trail’ of tasks both completed and pending.
CMT for Exchange can scale to meet the migration requirements of any organization. Under optimal conditions, a single CMT for Exchange migration workstation can migrate more than 8 Gb of data per hour.* For smaller organizations, one CMT for Exchange workstation may be appropriate. For larger migrations, multiple CMT for Exchange workstations, whether on virtual machines or individual workstations, will coordinate the work effortlessly. Adding additional workstations is a simple and painless process. These additional workstations use a technology called Automated Workload Distribution (AWD) to ensure that each workstation is kept busy continuously. Other products suffer from non-productive 'idle-time' because each worker waits for the last worker to complete its job before they are all handed a new batch of mail files to migrate.
* Download a document with more information on the
migration throughput capabilities of CMT for Exchange
Features in the New Advanced Migration Toolset (AMT)
New Features in CMT for Exchange
To review the requirements for CMT for Exchange, select the "Resources" tab on this webpage and download the document "CMT for Exchange Requirements" (no registration required).
The Binary Tree Advanced Migration Toolset (AMT) database is a collection of tools used to automate some of the operations needed when performing a Lotus Domino and Notes to Microsoft Exchange and Outlook migration. The AMT toolset should be used in conjunction with the Binary Tree CMT for Exchange application; however, it may be used at your own discretion as a standalone application.
The AMT is a separate download from the standard CMT for Exchange download. Customers can receive a free copy of the AMT by simply submitting a support request
. Binary Tree also offers a quick start support service for the advanced features of CMT for Exchange
which includes accelerating the implementation of the Advanced Migration Toolset (AMT).
The AMT application provides for some of the most commonly performed tasks when migrating users from Lotus Notes to Exchange. These features include:
User Account Maintenance
There are several maintenance steps to be completed before successfully migrating a user(s). AMT automates many of these processes to ensure a smooth migration. The AMT tool can also automate the process of creating proper access for the newly created Exchange mail store.
AMT automates the process of provisioning the legacy Notes Groups into Active Directory.
CMT for Exchange now includes the following new features...
CMT for Exchange provides for the automatic creation of Exchange mailbox-enabled users from Lotus Notes. CMT for Exchange also properly sets the users Lotus Notes person document to direct mail to the users new Exchange mailbox as well as setting access control rights on the user's Lotus Notes mail file if required.
Automated Migration Monitoring and Recovery
CMT for Exchange 3.3 now includes capabilities for heartbeat monitoring and reporting as well as for automated migration recovery. Combined, these new capabilities will monitor the processing of migrations, provide reports on workstation performance and availability, and restart any processes that were interrupted due to a crash in the Lotus Domino environment.
Support for 64-bit Computing Platforms
CMT for Exchange 3.3 migration workstations now support the Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 64-bit computing platforms and also remain backward compatible to the Windows XP and Windows 2003 32-bit platforms. The addition of the 64-bit platforms will accelerate the processing of migrations from Domino to Exchange.
- Mail Messages: Subject, Date, Body, Recipients
- Mail Archives (server & local)
- Mail-in databases
- Follow-up Flags
- File Attachments
- Notes Links: Doc Links, View Links and Database Links
- Folders & nested folders
- Calendar Entries
- Personal Contacts
- Public distribution lists
- Private distribution lists
- To-do’s / Personal Journal Data
- Discussion Databases
- Document Library Databases
- Option to migrate encrypted content as an attachment in the migrated message
- Names Resolution
- Address Translation
- All messages are reply-able in Outlook
- Migrates embedded images
- Migrates encrypted emails
- Migrates attachments in contacts
- Migrates saved settings groups
- Retains formatting of tables
- Retains original HTML formatting
- Duplicate Attachment Processing
Data Filtering Options
- Preserves the workflow of calendar events, including the rooms, resources, and on-line place information, of migrated and non-migrated users
- Migrates single and recurring meetings
- Migrates custom and complex recurring meetings
- Migrates all past and present calendar entries
- Migrates all rescheduled calendar entries
- Filter by doc type (mail, contact, calendar, task)
- Filter by absolute/relative dates/ranges
- Select to skip a list of folders
- Select to skip Notes links
- Filter by data quota limits
- Advanced User Management
- Central control of all configuration parameters
- User Import
- Selective user migration
- End-user self-service migration options
- Migration related communications
- Scheduled Migrations
- Email archive migration options
- Migration Destination options
- Room & resource migration options
- Mail File Access & Size Verification
- Migration Pre-processing
- Migration Post-Processing
- Automated or Manual User Provisioning
- Detailed Activity Logging
* Download a document with more information on the migration throughput capabilities of CMT for Exchange.
- Built-in Automated Workload - Distribution (AWD) functionality
- Up to 8 GB per hour migration throughput per migration workstation*
- Heartbeat monitoring and reporting
- Automated migration recovery
- Support for Windows & and Windows 2008 R2 64-bit computing platforms